Thanks for the Hope

Just want to say that at 15 weeks I am now signing off - test results back negative. A big thank you to all at this site. For the first few weeks after my suspect exposure I was a wreck. Everything and anything was wrong with me. Only by reading the posts on this site did I begin to realise that all my sympton were probably self-induced by all the anxiety and stress. I forced myself to get a grip and do the best thing possible. Just wait for the window period to expire and get tested. And you know what. All my symptons disappeared. My advice to all is (I know whilst your going through it, it can be tough) but don't go looking forsymptons. If you look hard enough they will surely come.

Relax - wait - and get tested.

Bob, when are you gonna come to London to do a charity concert. There is a large positive community here that would welcome your help. I'd love to hear you play the piano.

Happy new year to you all and God bless.

Congratulations and a very British WOO-HOO to you! What a nice Holiday Gift! Thanks for sharing your experience. I can only hope that others reading this will follow your wise advice. One quick point to remember: After a "walk on the wild side" or accidental HIV exposure, you have 2 options. The first is post-exposure prophylaxis with HIV medications. This must be started as soon as possible after the exposure and no later than several days to be effective. The second option is, as you explained, to "relax, wait, and get tested" at 3 months.

London for a concert? Wouldn't that be "loverly?" I'll keep you posted as to whether Royal Albert Hall gives me a call. In the meantime, videotapes of our last Concerted Effort event are available from our foundation's office!

Happy Happy Holidays! Stay well!

immune based
Stop the Madness