Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

New Forum Desperately Needed
Dec 19, 2002

Hi Dr. Bob

I want to express my opinion and I hope the folks at The Body take notice.

An additional Safe Sex Forum is needed with questions being answered by an MD vs. a Social Worker. Now don't get me wrong Ryan is doing a wonderful job and has a very respectable backround, but, for one thing he cannot answer all questions and most importantly Worried Wells as well as other folks feel soooo much more comfortable when they get a response from an MD.

This is the reason you get so many WW questions. Basically your word is trusted much more than a Social Worker's considering that you not only had many years of Med School, but also many more practicing.

Until such a time when there is another forum I hope that you continue to answer WW questions, providing of course you answer the Fatigue and Anemia ones first.

YOU ROCK!!!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I'll post your comments about the need for an additional Safe Sex Forum. I'm sure you also realize that if I answered the hundreds and hundreds of "WW/Am I infected?" type questions that come to me, this forum would be overwhelmed as well. Then the fatigued HIV-positive folks would get even more fatigued just trying to find the information they need and deserve.

The Body has instructed me not to answer WW questions, because they have a forum dedicated to that topic. I must respect their decision. For the record, the responses I've read from Ryan's forum have been spot on! If there are specific issues that require an MD's input, I'm always ready to help. Also, since I've answered a fair number of WW questions in the past, by reading the archives, hopefully many folks will get their issues addressed and the reassurance they need.

Stay well, Happy Holidays, and Rock on Good Buddy!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Love the new Pic!
Next
How do I get New Fill treatment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.