Dr let me just assure you that you are the BEST! My question is the following. I have been diagnosed with anemia. They found that my iron levels are VERY low for a women of my age. THis of course makes me very weak and tired - I just want to sleep all day long. I would like to know if by judging the fact that my iron levels are low if this also indicates a low immune system and if this can also be related to possible HIV infection? Thanks DR - we all appreciate your patience and hard work...

Low iron levels are related to iron-deficiency anemia, not immune deficiency. These are 2 very different conditions! Certainly, some folks with immune deficiency can also develop iron deficiency and vice versa, but there is no specific link. Your condition should be quite easily corrected with iron supplementation. As for HIV, this would only be a concern if you've had a significant risk exposure. If so, get tested. It's the only way to determine if you are positive or not.

Good luck. Happy Holidays.

Living A Long Life???