Are you ok?

Dear Dr Bob: I have sent in several questions ,none have which have been answered,but I think it is because you have answered other questions that are similar.My question was I had a Elisa test at 89 days after having Oral sex performed on me by a sex worker at a massage parlor,it came back non-reactive.I took another Elisa test at 110 days after incident it also came back non-reactive.Can I feel confident that I didn't get infected from this possible exposure?That has been my question for about a month,but no reply.What has me worried is the well being of you.I have read your replys that you have been living with hiv for 10years!I am praying for you as well as everyone else that has this disease that they will find a cure for it soon!I haven't seen any replys from you for any questions for a while and I hope that you are ok.You are an inspiration! God bless you, Gregg

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for your concern. Yes, I'm OK! I was in Amsterdam - one of my favorite cities! Shortly after I returned to the San Francisco Bay Area, we had a major storm that knocked our power out. Consequently, I did not have access to my computer; worse yet, no lights, no heat, and perhaps worst of all, no season finale of The Sopranos! (Luckily, a friend taped it for me!)

You are also right that I have answered many questions like yours in the past (see archives), and the answer is always the same. Oral sex is low risk and a 3-month ELISA is conclusive. You are negative. Start WOO-HOOing.

I must also say that I've been instructed not to answer questions outside the scope of this forum - HIV-related Fatigue and Anemia. So everyone please, please understand that your questions about possible infection must be posted to The Body's Safer Sex/HIV Prevention Expert Forum.

Stay well, Gregg. Happy Holidays!

Puerto Rico Tyler is DONE with THIS THING! WOO HOO
AIDS IS A MENTAL CONDITION