blood donation - part 2

Dr. Bob, I found your forum about a week ago and I have to tell you that you have gotten yourself another huge fan. I never saw you in person but if I ever do Ill hug and say "thank you" for 3 consecutive hours! Youre the best! Thanks a lot for answering my question about the blood donation (my exposure was receiving unprotected oral sex). Even though you said the risk was "extremely low" I noticed that you didnt classified it as "minuscle" or "almost non-existent" as you have done for other cases. Can I really get my mind out of this and continue with my life? After that incident I got a girlfriend and, even knowing shes absolutely clean for any STDs, we always have sex with a condom because Im afraid to cause her any harm. Please, I beg you to answer just this last question and I promise not bother again. Again, youre the best. God bless you.

You want to hug me for 3 consecutive hours!!! Just for answering your simple questions? I can't imagine what you'd like to do if I did something really wonderful for you.

If it will make you feel any better, the qualitative differences between "extremely low," "miniscule," and "almost non-existent" are, well,... miniscule! If you can't help focusing on your "extremely low-miniscule-almost non-existent" risk, then go ahead and get tested. It will be negative. Stay well - "extremely" well.

Silly willy
Happy Belated Thanksgiving