RE: I want to

Thanks for your reply Doctor Bob you are great. One thing though, 116 days is only about 4 months not 6. I know I am screwed for sure now.

Still a fan

You've had at least 8 different HIV tests up to 116 days after a potential exposure. All the tests are negative. Tell me again why your life is in shambles? No further tests are needed. No, a subtype would not be missed with the tests you described. When can you WOO-HOO? Oh, I'd say at least 6 tests ago! The 3-month and 6-month ELISA were all that was needed to confirm your negative status. Stop worrying. Stay well.

Dr. Bob Dear Dr. Bob, I had high risk exposure (unprotected insertive vaginal sex with CSW in Asia). My results thus far are,Negative HIV1/2 ELISA at 34 and 87 days, Undetectable (<400) RNA test at 34 days. Negative HIV1 ELISA test at 46, 60 and 103 days. Negative HIV1/2 Discreet instant home test 103 days Negative HIV1 Orasure test 116 days. I am assuming I am infected with a non b-subtype strain that is missed by RNA and winow period extended for ELISA. My life is in shambles over this. When can I put this behind me. Is further tesing needed? When can I Woo-Hoo? Help me Dr. Bob. thanks, one of your many fans.

Shall we make a bet on that? No, you are not screwed. You are HIV-negative. The 6-month test is only for people with significant exposure risk, i.e. receptive anal/vaginal sex with someone known to be HIV-positive. The 6-month test guidelines also consider only ELISA tests (not PCR). You've had way too many tests for your risk exposure. These tests included antibody and PCR technologies. There is no way you are screwed or HIV positive. If you insist on that 6-month test, fine. Write back with your negative results, and I'll be happy to say I TOLD YOU SO! Stay well.

to all doctor botherers
Follow up.