Believe, I'm infected doc!

Dear Dr Bob:

I know that forum is for fatigue and anemia related to HIV infected people, but I think you will help me, because I really need some help. I'm really tyred of that anxiety and fear.

I think that I'm infected with HIV. My doctor told me that I'm not infected, and everybody agree with her. But I have simptoms, and I don't think they are related to stress. I performed insertive anal sex with condom 7 months ago, and have tested 3 times, at 2,4 and 6 months all of them negative. But I have two or three swollen glands witohout explanation (not very big and not tender, but they have been swollen at least for the last 7 months), The borders of my tongue have been depapillated for the last 2 months (I think that is thrush), and the most scaring, I have low grade fever without explanation (37,2 axilar) for the last month. My standard blood test to see what was causing my fever came all OK. It must be HIV, but last test at 6 months came back negative. Please, help me, nobody believes me when I say I MUST be infected. I don't find any other explanation about my simptoms. I'm very scared, and I'm worried about infecting my girl-friend. What I have to do to find the evidence of infection?

Thanks in advance, nice doctor.

Let me get this straight. You had sex with a condom, so that means you had essentially no risk of acquiring HIV (assuming you used the condom properly). You then had 3 negative HIV tests up to 6 months after this "non-exposure," all of which are negative. Your doctor told you that you were "not infected," and "everyone aggress with her." All your other standard blood tests are "OK," and yet you think you are HIV-positive?!? Gee, I wonder why no one believes you? Kind sir, no one believes you are HIV-positive, because you are not HIV-positive. Whatever is causing your symptoms, it absolutely, positively, is not HIV. If you can't stop thinking about HIV, ask your doctor for a referral to a therapist to help you cope with your irrational fears. Good luck. I hope you feel better very soon.

More Panic in Texas!
The Nosepick - Apologies for an incorrect posting, pls read all same