Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

After 12 months depression
Dec 4, 2002

I have been reading your forum almost every week (very good indeed) and also been on some internet research for hiv and aids. I ve read a lot about it and i know exatcly what you all guys who suffer from HIv/aids feeling right now.

I had an exposure (unprotected sex and ejaculation inside me) with somebody once last year and few months after i got lots of symptoms that on and off e.g. muscular pains, indigestion, swollen glands, fever etc. I was too scared to get an HIV test, i was running away from it (went to a clinic but didnt ask for the hiv test), i thought that was it, i was infected with hiv. I felt so guilty scared worried. Every day i kept getting nightmares, i couldnt sleep so restless, my pain getting worse and worse specially in the morning, feeling so weak fatique, pains on back knees and even on my wrists.

Just few days ago, i decided that i ve got to go to hiv clinic and have my test done and got to know result and hopefully i could live slightly longer with treatment and medicine. Yesterday was a very IMPORTANT day for me, i said like this to myself, this is it - the moment of truth- i wouldnt run away again, whatever happens then happens, i need to know whats happen with me. I hav been suffering for 12 months, feeling anxiety, nervous, deppressed. I felt like i was going crazy or something.

Yesterday i got the hiv result at the same day and now i know that i am not suffering from hiv, my hiv status is negative and doctor said is accurate and saying that i had been suffering from depression and anxiety.

I'd like to donate some help support for the people who suffer from hiv and may God bless you all!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

WOO-HOO! Congratulations! Thank you so much for writing! Hey worried-wells, are you reading this??? I certainly hope so!!! Does this story sound familiar? If not, I can let you read at least 500 questions in my inbox at this very moment waiting (anxiously) for a reply. All of them with "symptoms;" all of them quite certain they "must be infected;" all of them paralyzed by fear, guilt, anxiety, and depression. And I might add that the vast majority, if not all, will turn out to be HIV-negative. Please folks, read and listen to this gentleman's story. Yes, you too can WOO-HOO!

Thanks again for sharing your story. Donations can be made to:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

Stay well and many, many thanks.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please Respond
Next
parents dilemna

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.