Please Respond

Dr.Bob First I want to thank you for being an compassionate human being. Second I;ve read your responses in the past and I know that you only respond to question directed to your study. But after reading some of the other physician responses I feel that you would give me the honest answer without being so brutal or empty. I have intercoure on Aug 17 2002 and the condom came off, the guy said that he was ok, but of course I got tested and the results were negative. I was told in order to get conclusive results that I would have to get tested six moths after the exposure in order to completely sure. I screwed up agin and had oral with another guy, but that was it and I have not been with any one since the conern is I realized afterwards that my mouth had a cut because I bit my jaw. I am going back to be retested.This guy had both Ampicillin and Levaquin in his bathroom. Are either one of these HIV drugs? Please answer for me. I have been experiecing headaches (persistent)for the weeks, severe sore throat (persistent) for three weeks, night sweats, cough, pinching under my arms. Thanks Dr. Bob even if you don't respond.

Gosh, I sure hope no one ever thinks my responses are "brutal or empty!" But you are correct; some physicians do lack a proper "bedside manner." Speaking of manners, were you really checking out this guy's medicine cabinet while pretending to take a whiz??? No worries about the ampicillin or levaquin, by the way. These are both antibiotics! They are used to fight off bacterial infections like strep throat or a urinary tract infection. They are not HIV drugs. The 6-month follow-up HIV test is recommended only if you had a "significant" exposure, i.e. receptive anal/vaginal intercourse with someone known to be HIV-positive. Otherwise, a negative test at 3 months is all you really need. Hope that helps! Stay well.

I'm A Spoon etc
After 12 months depression