med student again

Hi Bob, it is me again, the med student in US. Thanks for your kind answer ("Please, need help" 7 Nov). I was referred to another doctor here and felt much more comfortable, thanks for the resource you pointed out too. He prescribed after 1 month (the very last day of my PEP) a P24 antigen, an EIA and an ultrasensitive HIV-RNA PCR(<50 copies/mL) at the same time saying that if something is really going on there might be some "qualitative" alteration (even if not quantitatively feasible) is some of these test. All of them turned negative. Most of the symptoms (that became really bad during the last week) almost disappeared when I finished my PEP but still have joint pain, sore throat, onset of some oral ulcers (4) in the last couple of weeks and still liver pain even if faded a bit (anyway my metabolic panel, liver enzymes and cbc look normal (wbc that felt down is now back in the normal range and differential count do not show any lymphopoenia anymore). I touch my lymphs a bit larger than I am used too, but doctor stated they are normal (so in the normal range) as it is the liver. He said I am free and get tested just to apply the CDC guidelines in 6 months. Do you believe I can really WOOOHOOO and jump (as an absolute safe player, now) in the dating scene with no fears (at least of disclosure)? About this topic, I spoke with a good counselor for fears/anxiety and insight about WHY I acted foolishly and it helped a lot. Or, would you think as a possibility to perform further tests pretty soon (just an HIV-RNA 2-4 weeks after the PEP to detect an -improbable? - rebound of VL?)

I am really looking forward to WOO-HOOOing as I don't want to enroll myself in the WW-club but scared to do it too early and be knocked out later.

Hope to meet you somewhere in the (near) future... maybe a congress. And maybe as a colleague already because I indeed finished my courses and just waiting for the abilitation!!! Will Hyppocrates protect and guide us! Appreciation for your work (and answer...)

Thank you

PS. My last email here will be after the ELISA at 3 months to give a final feedback of the story.

Welcome back Med Student,

Glad to hear things are going better for you. Your results are all extremely encouraging, and I agree with your doctor. Yes, you can WOO-HOO. HIV-RNA PCR's are not at all necessary. I'll look forward to that last ELISA result, which I am quite certain will be negative as well. Keep studying, and stay well. Come up and say hello if you see me at a medical meeting.

HEY IMMU TITAN, I'M IN A BIND AGIAIN DUE TO STUPIDITY
Short and sweet!