|Can oral sex give me mono?
Dec 4, 2002
I have a very simple question for anyone who is qualified. Can someone get mononucleosis from either giving or receiving oral sex to or from someone who has the virus?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Mononucleosis is also called the "kissing disease," right? That means you can get it from kissing. If you are having oral sex, I'm assuming there is some kissing involved too. I mean it would be unusual to score a blowjob without a bit of tonsil hockey first, wouldn't it? Anyway, I would assume the answer to your question is yes, but then again, I'm not sure anyone's ever really studied this specifically.
i THINK i can wooo hoo!!
HEY IMMU TITAN, I'M IN A BIND AGIAIN DUE TO STUPIDITY
- CAN I GET MONO FROM ORAL SEX?
- Can My Boyfriend Give Me Mono Through Oral Sex?
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.