Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

It;s my party and I'll woo-hoo if I want too!
Dec 4, 2002

Just a quick point to all those hysterical worried well out there. Having seen all the references to woo-hooing on finding yourselves negative, I would like to point out that I have been positive fot 10 years, technically diagnosed as "suffering" from AIDS, but I still live my life woo-hooing. This doesn't mean you shouldn't take adequate precautions to ensure you remain negative, but if you should find that you are positive it is not the end of your life (any more).

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Fellow Survivor!

I, too, am in the "10 years and counting" club and I very much appreciate your wise words. The theme of this year's World AIDS Day is "Live and Let Live." You exemplify that motto and I couldn't agree more! Realizing, HIV+ or not, we are all on this wonderful earth for a relatively short period of time, shouldn't we all treasure every moment? I often have said life is measured in the wrong dimension. It should not be measured in length, but rather in depth. I'm convinced that many "worried wells" feel much worse than we do day after day. I, for one, have never felt more alive. If I die tomorrow, I can honestly say I've enjoyed my time here to the fullest. If I live, I plan to love, laugh, and continue to experience wonders of this marvelous adventure. Yes, I'll WOO-HOO and party with you!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Fatigue better, anemia better, now another question for you!!!!
Next
Need a direct answer.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.