Close contact with hiv infected person

If you live or have close (non-sexual) contact with someone who is hiv infected, it is reasonable to believe that you may come into contact with some of their blood on the bathroom sink, on door handles, in the shower, or anywhere one might cut himself. Should I be concerned about becoming indirectly infected? I have a habit of popping pimples and scratching off scabs without washing my hands first. I know that I touch stuff in the bathroom all the time which may contain traces of bodily fluids. Is it possible for me to come into contact with fresh traces of hiv+ blood on a doorknob or faucet and then go and scratch a pimple (causing it to bleed) and become infected? Thank you for your time.

There are 2 things you must do immediately:

1. Stop worrying about casual indirect contact. It is not a risk for contracting HIV. 2. Stop popping pimples and scratching off scabs. That's just plain gross.

Stay well.

Dr.Rob ! Please help The Desperate
Dr Bob! Where are you??