any idea?

hi, I wanted to ask this question in the OI category but there was no button for "ask a question" could you try please? I tested poz nine months ago and began meds three months ago. I went from VL-106K and CD4-425 to undetectable and CD4 640. Great! Except that for the past five months I have had a bright yellow oily kind of fluid with bowel movements. I do have on/off diahrea and gut grumblings (gremlins is more like it) and a colonoscopy revealed mild colitas. The GI doc, my PCP and my ID doctors have no idea what's causing the yellow stuff. Do you have any idea what it could be? My liver tests show normal although I have liver scars and polyps. No drugs, drink and relatively healthy otherwise. Thank you Dan

Hey Dan,

The good news is your excellent response to your HIV meds! The bad news is the yellow oily movements and gremlins. "Colitis" means there is definitely inflammation of your colon. Have your G.I. and I.D. doctors talk to each other. Additional testing may be warranted. I can't give you a diagnosis based on the information you provided so far. Several possibilities come to mind, but your HIV specialist, with the help of the gastroenterologist, should know well which tests to order next. Continue to push them for a diagnosis or ask for a second opinion. Good luck.

Simple Yes Or No Question
microwave