Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Frustrated Wooo-Hooo?
Nov 28, 2002

Hi Dr.!!!

Well i dont want to take you your valious minutes. but in the recently post "I need a Woo Hoo" you told me that my risk was essentialy non existent. so i took the test after 3.5 months and as you told me it came back negative(thanks god), but now im freak!!of a late seroconversion, because a Dr. Told me I should wait until 6 months to take a new test. i thougth i can wooo hoo. but what do you think..?? (my relation was: a deeply kiss that for a second tasted me like blood and that i was almost sure it was mine. and fingering a vagina with the commom fingernails, no fresh cuts i hope.) sorry i also thought that i was safe so i started again to have sex with my wife...but now im sad about it plz!! what should i do? thanks!! for all Mr. Julio Very Sad

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello again Mr. Julio Very Sad,

Your risk of HIV was extremely low. Your 3.5-month test is negative. You do not need any additional testing for this type of exposure. Continue to enjoy sex with your wife.

As the song says, "Don't worry. Be happy!" The other doctor, I'm sure, means well, but I disagree with his advice, and so would most other HIV experts. OK? Hope this makes Julio very happy!

Dr. Bob

Previous
blood donation
Next
Simple Yes Or No Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.