Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Eight Ball
Nov 28, 2002

Hello Dr. Bob

I read your forum on a daily basis and I have seen your comments regarding people who test at 3 months and that is very reassuring.

I am happy to say that I tested HIV negative at three months (86 days post exposure) and tested negative close to six months (161 days post exposure). I received oral sex (approx 20 seconds) from a Korean sex worker and had unprotected sex with a Korean girlfriend I was seeing for a while two days after the oral sex episode (I know, I'm a bonehead) back in FEB 2002.

My question is should I feel confidant in those results? I've been experiencing dry mouth since July (ie. pasty, metallic taste at times). I do not know if this is stressed induced.

In the meantime I have been shaking up my eightball fortune telling ball for that comfort. I know I shouldn't rely on symptoms but it is really hard to stop thinking about it with this dry mouth.

Thanks Dr. Bob. You are the best and I always pray for you and those like you who are selflessly working to find a cure for HIV/AIDS. God Bless you Dr. Bob. You're an angel.

v/r eight ball fanatic

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Eight Ball Fanatic!

If that fortune-telling ball isn't saying, "Relax bonehead, you're absolutely fine," throw the darned thing away! Even the defunct phony psychic Miss Cleo would have to agree that if your 3- and 6-month tests are negative, so are you! No crystal ball or fortune telling apparatus needed!

Stay well, and no more going out without your "raincoat" in place, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
What is happening?I am CONFUSE.
Next
I want to "WOO-HOO"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.