Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

What is happening?I am CONFUSE.
Nov 28, 2002

Dear Bob

I know that i should'nt ask this question here but pls do help me with ur wise knowledge. I am a chinese boy with a lot of acne frm Spore and recently i encountered two indians who were drunk and one of them has a cut on his leg with blood dripping.One of them (without the cut) walk over to me and tap me on my shoulder and ask for a tissue.The problem is i do not know whether his hand (whether contact with blood)contact with my acne. On the 4th day, i had headache,nausea and dizzy which last for 2 days after taking med.during this time,i started to worried and keep thinking i may be infected.on the 6th day, i had on/off headache and diaherra for a week and more acne broke out.i also have two small rashes the size of a ant which go away immediately after rubbing them.On the 6th week, i had a mild sore throat which may be cause by the haze happening and i took aomycillin for 5 days and it seem to settle down but worsen again a two days later and both my tonsils were in pain.This goes on for another three weeks and when i went finally see my dr again, she gave me some antibateria logenzes and the sore throat goes away in 2 days. I never have sex before.Is what i experience consider initial syptoms of hiv?Is more acne breakout consdier also? should i go for the test? By the way how do i make a donation to ur organization?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Chinese Boy,

Your "acne is from Spore," as in Singapore? OK, never mind.

So a Chinese boy with Singaporean acne runs into some bloody Indians? This sounds like a really bad movie.

Relax, my friend. Being tapped on the shoulder with or without exotic pimples poses absolutely no risk for HIV.

Your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV seroconversion. You've never had sex. Assuming you are not an IV drug user, you have no reason to get HIV tested or to worry. Read about HIV risks on our Safer Sex/HIV Prevention Forum, OK?

Contributions to my foundation can be sent to:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

Thank you and stay well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
elisa is reliable enough??
Next
Eight Ball

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.