Give me a smile like yours!!

Dear Doctor Bob,

Why is it that when I see your picture I instantly feel encouraged?? You have the most warm smile I have ever seen. Please help me to have one just like you by setting my naughty mind at ease.

Three months after a relatively low risk exposure - unprotected oral sex (receiving and then, so as to be the complete gentleman :-) giving) with a rather beautiful young woman :-) x2 I had a routinue STD test.

Now, the HIV came back negative, as could probably be expected - I never leave home without my raincoat, so to speak. But chlamydia showed positive - bummer.

I know this is an easy to get rid of bacteria but it has freaked me out!! My mind is saying 'well, if you got chlamydia why not HIV, despite your low risk?'.

Sorry Doctor, I give you full permission to shake your head in disbelief at my insanity, but my mind is telling me to doubt test results etc etc. Boo-hoo NOT woo-hoo at the minute.

Please send me some of your wonderfully reassuring, and moreover professional assessment of things, and I promise to practise a smile like yours, although that may be even harder to achieve than believing test results.

Thank-you for your thoughts (and smile)

Silly Boy

_

Hello Silly Boy,

You want a smile just like mine? OK, well here's the number for my plastic surgeon . . . .

Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV. Your 3-month negative HIV test is absolutely conclusive. You are HIV-negative. HIV is "relatively" difficult to contract. By "relatively," I mean compared to other STD's (sexually transmitted diseases) -- In your case chlamydia. The good news is that most STD's, including chlamydia, are indeed quite easily treated with the appropriate antibiotics.

OK, so enough with the BOO-HOO's. You've got no reason to worry. Besides, it's impossible to BOO-HOO and smile at the same time. So WOO-HOO to you! Stay well.

The Full Dinner Set
worried sick ... losing my mind