The Full Dinner Set

Dear Doctor,

You may recall I wrote to you a week or so ago, expressing what has been proven now to be quite irrational fears. A 'set the mind' at ease test at 12 weeks confirmed a negative status, as you quite rightly indicated it would in your kind reply.

As if to serve as a bit of a warning though, while relieved at negative in this respect, then found out tested positive for chlamydia. Certainly gave me a bit of a slap in face as had no idea of this.

Thanks again Doctor for all your time, and for all those people wanting to know their status, please don't second guess - the mind is much more powerful than you realise. Be brave, get the test, and at then at least you are in the position to take the necessary actions.

Thanks again Doctor,

Spoon

Hello Dinner Set!

Congratulations and a very British WOO-HOO to you! You also make a good point about other STD's (sexually transmitted diseases). If someone has put himself or herself at risk for HIV, they have also put themselves at risk for a variety of other STD's, and should be screened for these as well if symptoms develop. Most STD's are easily treated with medications.

"Slap in the face" may be too severe. How about a "spank on the bottom" for everyone who puts themselves at risk unnecessarily.

Thanks for writing back! Stay well.

I'm fatigued and sleep 12 hrs a day. Doctor doesn't know why.
Give me a smile like yours!!