Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

One last time..please answer
Nov 18, 2002

Dear Dr. Bob

It's Ever-So-Worried here again in Sydney. I've noticed you get alot of mail from here actually!? Anyway I've now tested negative out to 12 months post exposure because of the krazy doc that told me to...my results are as follows..

3 days post exposure : Negative ELISA (Baseline)

3 weeks post exposure: Negative ELISA HIV 1\2 by Genscreen and Xsymm Negative Western Blot HIV 1\2 on all bands Negative PCR DNA Roche Amplicator Negative P24 antigen

8 weeks post exposure: Negative ELISA HIV 1\2

12 Weeks Post exposure: Negative ELISA HIV 1\2

6 Months Post Exposure: Negative ELISA HIV 1\2, T-Cell Ration 1.2 (CD4 920)

8 Months Post Exposure:Negative ELISA HIV 1\2 by Genscreen and Xsymm Negative Western Blot HIV 1\2 on all bands Negative PCR DNA Roche Amplicator Negative P24 antigen

12 Months Post Exposure:Negative ELISA HIV 1\2 by Genscreen and Xsymm Negative Western Blot HIV 1\2 on all bands Negative PCR DNA Roche Amplicator Negative P24 antigen

Doc have you ever seen such a barrage of tests..I'm exhausted at this stage and really need to let this go? What's wrong with me, that I can't let this go? All the talk of delayed seroconversion and whatnot has scared the krap out of me!? Like has that happened recently? Doc in your opinion is it possible to have HIV and go undiagnosed after all these tests?

I've been to see Dr. Andrew Carr in St. Vincents on Oxford St and he says I'm fine...he was on the team of guys that discovered ARS...do you know him? I'm such a mess and I really needs some words of wisdom.......am I being completly paranoid or what!? Thanks for being so patient with me.

God Bless,

Ever-So-Worried.

PS. Doc I read that your going to be in Sydney...please do a lecture if you can.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Ever-So-Worried,

I agree with Andy Carr. You are not HIV-positive.

What could be wrong with you? Well, you could be anemic from all the totally unnecessary blood tests you've had done. (You could also be going broke paying for them as well!)

Are you being completely paranoid? Yes, I'd say you are. You need the help of a therapist to help you overcome your irrational fears of an illness you could not possibly have. It's the best, and perhaps only, way to help you get over this obsession. Get the help you need. Summer is coming to Sydney and you don't want to look like a worried old sod on the beach, now do you?

Feel better soon. HIV is definitely not your problem.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I'm a spoon!!
Next
Dear Sir, WooHoo

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.