Thanks Dr Wonderful

Dear Dr Bob Thanks for all your Advice. My Friends Depression got even worse he tried to overdose on Medication a mixture of many. We seem to have him under control and in a better state of mind. I find myself being distant from him no because I'm so damn angry at him for doing it. I feel like I'm being irrational but I can't imagine him taking his own life.We don't want to think of this horrible disease beating us and then he is fighting us also.The fatigue and depression became more unbearable to him than the cancer diagnosis and the aids. I Just wanted to thank you for all your Love and Support. Plaese let me know were to send Donations and if their are any upcoming fundraisers . I come across alot of wealthy influential people everyday. We Owe you at least that much. Let me if you have any Concerts coming up I would love to attend.You are Truly and Angel and so many people may have not made it with out you. THanks for giving us a place to turn for answers.If their were more like you the world would be a big bright beautiful Rainbow. All my love always and forever Hugs and Kisses God Bless AUDRA

Dear Audra,

I'm so sorry to hear your friend's depression worsened to the point that he attempted to take his own life. Try not to be too angry with him; depression distorts reality to the point that irrational behavior seems logical. Depression is an illness that wounds the psych just as HIV or cancer can wound the immune system. I was relieved to hear that his depression is coming under better control. He will need close follow up with his psychiatrist. Your anger toward him is really a sign of your concern and compassion. I'm sure he's feeling quite terrible about his actions. Try to focus on your concern, compassion, and friendship. He needs help with all 3 of his conditions - AIDS, cancer, and severe depression. Let him know you are there for him, no matter how bad things get, and focus on the fact that there is always hope. Keep him focused on the good things in his life - friendship, music, movies, family - whatever brings a smile to his face or some joy to his heart. Although he may not be able to tell you himself, I'm sure he greatly values and appreciates your help, understanding, and compassion.

As for upcoming concerts, yes, as a matter of fact, our annual San Francisco Bay Area event, A Concerted Effort 2002: A Concert for World AIDS Day, is just around the corner. It will take place on November 24th at The Ozone Café in Mountain View, CA. Invitations can be requested by calling our event planner Rebecca Hall at Medical Media, Inc. at 408-356-8320, ext. 14.

The event begins at 2:00 p.m. with an extensive silent auction, cocktails, and hors d'oeuvres. The concert begins at 3:00 p.m. and is followed by a culinary extravaganza dinner and champagne dessert reception. There will also be a live auction and a grand raffle drawing for a Fantasy Las Vegas Getaway (2 nights each at The Riviera, Mandalay Bay, and Four Seasons Resorts, dinner at Bellagio, 2 tickets to see "Splash" plus $2000 cash!) We will also be screening a short award-winning documentary "Epidemic Africa." More information is available on our website, www.concertedeffort.org.

Proceeds from the event will go to the following 6 beneficiaries selected by our foundation's Board of Directors:

1. Global Strategies for HIV Prevention "Save a Life" Program. 2. Children's Hospital Oakland Pediatric HIV/AIDS Program. 3. Project Inform, Integrated Treatment Education Program 4. Aids Emergency Fund 5. Aid For AIDS 6. Names Project, The Aids Memorial Quilt

If you are anywhere in the area, we would love to have you attend. That way, I could give you a hug in person.

Tax-deductible donations to The Foundation can be sent to:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

I should also mention that VHS videotapes and DVD's of this year's event will be available for purchase from The Foundation after the event, and can also be ordered in advance.

Stay well.

Warmest regards,

Dr.Rob,Please help!
Androgel