The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr.Rob,Please help!
Nov 14, 2002

Dr.Rob, I really appreciate your help in the past dark days. I sucked a man of unkown status 6 months ago. He did not shoot in my mouth, but I did taste something salty.In the past 6 months, I experienced headache,muscule and joint pain,stiff neck, and some red dots on my legs. I got tested at 5 months after exposure, and the result came back non-reactive. You said, I can WOO-HOO now. But,I am still confused. I was very healthy before the exposure. All the symptoms have been with me for 6 months, and still exist. I got tested for syphilis,gonorhea and chledymia, and all negitive.The doctor told me I have no genital warts ot herpes because I have no symptoms related to them. I know I have got something bad. But I don't know what it is. Is there any other infectious disease that can be transmitted by oral sex? I have family and children, and I almost destroy my family now. I can not sleep well every night,and pray everyday......I need to make it clear ASAP. COULD YOU HELP ME?

Response from Dr. Frascino


Yes, you have "something bad". Bad anxiety and guilt about that salty taste in your mouth 6 months ago. If your doctor screened you for STD's (which he did), and your HIV test is negative at 5 months (which it is), infection --HIV or STDs-- is not your problem. You need to seek the advice of a therapist to help you with psychological problems. Don't wait. Get the help you need.

Dr. Bob

Injectable Silicone for Facial Lipoatrophy
Thanks Dr Wonderful

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint