24 year old girl

I got tested for HIV 3 months after possible exposure and again at 6 months after possible exposure. Both results were negative. It is now 5 years later and every time I get a cold and a rash I get nervous that i could still be exposed to the virus. Is this possible?

Hello 24-year-old girl,

Now let me get this straight. You had a roll in the proverbial hay 5 years ago (you were 19 at the time). You took HIV tests at 3 and 6 months, which were negative, absolutely and conclusively ruling out any possibility of HIV. And now 5 years later, whenever you get a cold or a rash, you worry it's HIV-related? Do you also worry about alien abductions? They are equally likely.

Stay well.

Not sure if early signs hiv
Fatigue and easy bruising