|24 year old girl
Nov 14, 2002
I got tested for HIV 3 months after possible exposure and again at 6 months after possible exposure. Both results were negative. It is now 5 years later and every time I get a cold and a rash I get nervous that i could still be exposed to the virus. Is this possible?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello 24-year-old girl,
Now let me get this straight. You had a roll in the proverbial hay 5 years ago (you were 19 at the time). You took HIV tests at 3 and 6 months, which were negative, absolutely and conclusively ruling out any possibility of HIV. And now 5 years later, whenever you get a cold or a rash, you worry it's HIV-related? Do you also worry about alien abductions? They are equally likely.
Not sure if early signs hiv
Fatigue and easy bruising
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.