Thankyou

Dear Dr Frascino - thankyou very much for offering your advice on my patient. I will definitely organise for him to be referred to a hematologist and immunologist for a workup for neutropenia. I will update you on the results of this regardless of the outcome. The one thing that you mentioned that suprised me a little was your comment about the CD4/Cd8 ratio - I was not aware that 1.2 is particularly low?

Thanks again

Kind Regards

Dr Poveda

Hello Dr. Poveda,

You are most welcome. Yes, in a normal healthy individual, the CD4 to CD8 ratio should be about 2:1, i.e. twice as many "helpers" as "suppressors." HIV and other immune compromising conditions can cause a reversal of that ratio.

Good luck with the neutropenia workup.

Dr. Frascino

Woooohoooo!!! the wait is over
1st Time Posting, PLEASE read...