Fatigue, Herpes and HIV

Jim here from the UK. Forgive me if I've posted this question to the wrong board but I've posted on the safe sex forum quiete a few times without a reply.

Like most that write in, I must confess that I am under a lot of anxiety.

Story in short is... (1) I have herpes - had the virus for about a year. Out breaks have always been consistent at 3 monthly intervals (2) Had vaginal sex with a charming "Lady of the night" i.e CALL GIRL (FULL PROTECTION PROCEDURES ADHERED TO - i.e condom on all all times, no slippages, breakages blah blah blah) (3) In the following 2 months since my naughty frolic with the lady I've been experiencing chronic outbreaks of herpes ie 1 week on, 1 week off (as soon as outbreak clears I get a new episode) (4) Now I am understandably stressed by the whole thing. As a result of my anxiety I am feeling alot more tired. Question is would HIV infection result in increased outbreaks of herpes as a result of weaker immune system in such a relatively short period of time? Or is more likely due to stress?

Please, Please, Please - hanging on for an answer.

Take care and god bless.

J

Hey there UK J,

Your naughty frolic with "lady of the night" was "blah, blah, blah" protected, so you have nothing to worry about from an HIV standpoint.

Herpes outbreaks do increase in frequency with stress and that's most likely what's happening with you. Talk to your doctor about suppressive herpes therapy. A daily dose of a herpes antiviral drug should stop or certainly markedly decrease the number and severity of your outbreaks.

Stay well, blah, blah, blah.

CD4 and Cd4?
Can I finally be sure?