RE Anrogel Use

Yes I am HIV+. I realize that male hormones are not the infectious disease doctors specialty but with the number of HIV+ men who suffer from low testosterone caused by hiv disease you would think when every other conceivable reason for someone being extremely fatigued, depressed with no sex drive that they would send their patient to a doctor that is. Even when they finally took my testosterone level which was just barely in the normal level they still did not want to give me testosterone. Lucky for me I found a doctor that would and after feeling like crap for three years I felt 200 better and now am ready to return to work. I guess I do not understand why the reluctance to give androgel and why even though it is working they still are not convinced that this therapy works.

I couldn't agree with you more. If those I.D. guys had HIV and low ("barely in normal range") testosterone levels, and they were fatigued, depressed, and their Sergeant Peppers weren't able to stand at attention, I'd bet they'd be crying the Lonely Hearts Club Band Blues. And you can bet your bippy they'd be smearing the AndroGel on faster than George "W" trying to run away from an unscripted intelligent question from a news commentator.

I totally agree with your current therapy choice. Maybe your I.D. doctors will learn from your success, but don't hold your breath. Stay informed and involved in all your treatment decisions!

some concern
CD4 and Cd4?