re: 17 year old guy

Hi Doctor again, i have asked you a question but i dont think i was able to get a clear answer. You told me a neg person who sleeps with a pos person, then infection is possible right? Thats understood. But my question is how can a neg person infect another neg person (guy-to-guy)? In other words if a guy were to sleep with another guy, both neg, how is it possible for one of them or both become pos?

Thanks again

Hi again,

No, a negative person cannot infection a negative person. The virus is a germ. Someone has to have it before they can possibly pass it on to anyone else.

I still strongly recommend latex condoms, because how do you know the "other guy" really is negative? Don't just take his work for it. Protect yourself! Check out our Safe Sex and HIV Prevention Forum for more information. If you're going to play, play safe!

bob, you were right
some concern