No answer required, just a thank you

Hello, Dr. Bob, you are an inspiration to all. I am a newly not "Worried Well," tested through Home Access and got a big WOO-HOO!!! Last October, I was so convinced that I was infected and had infected others that I failed to sleep for days--finally, I drank I lot of vodka to achieve that goal. I was at a semi-low risk, got tested, was negative, and felt great. Soon after, within months, I got freaked out again (I was sure I had thrush, which doesn't manifest itself until later stage AIDS, which I know thanks to you), got tested with a negative result. Recently, within a few weeks, I freaked out again and used Home Access, testing negative. I don't have much of a point here, except for the worried well need to stop using the internet to "confirm" symptoms that don't exist, and get a test and stop worrying. I have not addressed my current problems, which are probably OCD-related manifesting in an anxiety disorder, but at least I'm aware that's a possibiltiy. People like me, with little to no risk, surely piss off the people in this forum that are positive. But, anyway, I meant to say that you are a great comfort to those of us that are well and fixate on HIV as the source of our anxiety. I hope you continue your good work, and thanks again for your honest and funny (!) answers to questions that are mostly bulls**t. While I can't contribute , because of your advice, support, and experience with the disease, I'm soon going to volunteer for an organization that helps single mothers that are living with HIV. Thanks again,

A Not-Worried-Anymore-Well

". . . stop using the Internet to 'confirm' symptoms that don't exist." I couldn't have said it better myself!

Stay well! Thanks for writing!

microwave
Uncontrollable laughter an early symptom?