Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

No answer required, just a thank you
Nov 13, 2002

Hello, Dr. Bob, you are an inspiration to all. I am a newly not "Worried Well," tested through Home Access and got a big WOO-HOO!!! Last October, I was so convinced that I was infected and had infected others that I failed to sleep for days--finally, I drank I lot of vodka to achieve that goal. I was at a semi-low risk, got tested, was negative, and felt great. Soon after, within months, I got freaked out again (I was sure I had thrush, which doesn't manifest itself until later stage AIDS, which I know thanks to you), got tested with a negative result. Recently, within a few weeks, I freaked out again and used Home Access, testing negative. I don't have much of a point here, except for the worried well need to stop using the internet to "confirm" symptoms that don't exist, and get a test and stop worrying. I have not addressed my current problems, which are probably OCD-related manifesting in an anxiety disorder, but at least I'm aware that's a possibiltiy. People like me, with little to no risk, surely piss off the people in this forum that are positive. But, anyway, I meant to say that you are a great comfort to those of us that are well and fixate on HIV as the source of our anxiety. I hope you continue your good work, and thanks again for your honest and funny (!) answers to questions that are mostly bulls**t. While I can't contribute , because of your advice, support, and experience with the disease, I'm soon going to volunteer for an organization that helps single mothers that are living with HIV. Thanks again,

A Not-Worried-Anymore-Well

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

". . . stop using the Internet to 'confirm' symptoms that don't exist." I couldn't have said it better myself!

Stay well! Thanks for writing!

Dr. Bob

Previous
microwave
Next
Uncontrollable laughter an early symptom?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.