Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

aussie worried well!
Nov 12, 2002

Dr Bob, 8 months after a low risk exposure (receiving a bj) i had started developing symptoms of HIV. Sore throat, fever, night sweats, dry mouth etc... and at one stage i was absolutly convinced that i had contracted this dreadfull disease and contemplated an accident looking suicide attempt. After reading through this website and probably every other HIV site on the internet i started being bombarded with information and continuly found new HIV related symptoms. I still have not been tested because i dont think that i would be able to handle the waiting for the result or even the result itself however i have come to terms with the low risk category that i have fallen in and that many of my perceived symptoms could be anxiety related. This anxiety has affected my uni studies and evryday life itself and i have vowed to never put myself at any possible risk in the future. Your responses to questions have touched me deeply and you have become like a hero to me. Thankyou for all your help and i want you to know how appreciative i am and im sure many people are for your compassion and understanding! still not able to WOOHOO however maybe one day i will gather enough strength to get tested!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Aussi Worried Well,

Getting your love-stick licked (bj) is considered low-risk for acquiring HIV. You guys have got funnel web spiders, sharks, and other real scary stuff down under. Why sorry so much about this episode 8 months ago? Your risk is so low some experts would say you don't even need a test! However since you seem quite worried about this, why not just put all the worry behind you. Why let anxiety affect your university studies? Just pour yourself a tall Fosters, chomp down a vegemite sandwich, and get your butt over to your doctor's office for the test. It will be negative and you'll be WOO-HOOing all over Paddington. Trust me on this one. OK? And save a Fosters for me.

Dr. Bob

Previous
All-clear for a Woo-hoo?
Next
microwave

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.