aussie worried well!

Dr Bob, 8 months after a low risk exposure (receiving a bj) i had started developing symptoms of HIV. Sore throat, fever, night sweats, dry mouth etc... and at one stage i was absolutly convinced that i had contracted this dreadfull disease and contemplated an accident looking suicide attempt. After reading through this website and probably every other HIV site on the internet i started being bombarded with information and continuly found new HIV related symptoms. I still have not been tested because i dont think that i would be able to handle the waiting for the result or even the result itself however i have come to terms with the low risk category that i have fallen in and that many of my perceived symptoms could be anxiety related. This anxiety has affected my uni studies and evryday life itself and i have vowed to never put myself at any possible risk in the future. Your responses to questions have touched me deeply and you have become like a hero to me. Thankyou for all your help and i want you to know how appreciative i am and im sure many people are for your compassion and understanding! still not able to WOOHOO however maybe one day i will gather enough strength to get tested!

Hey Aussi Worried Well,

Getting your love-stick licked (bj) is considered low-risk for acquiring HIV. You guys have got funnel web spiders, sharks, and other real scary stuff down under. Why sorry so much about this episode 8 months ago? Your risk is so low some experts would say you don't even need a test! However since you seem quite worried about this, why not just put all the worry behind you. Why let anxiety affect your university studies? Just pour yourself a tall Fosters, chomp down a vegemite sandwich, and get your butt over to your doctor's office for the test. It will be negative and you'll be WOO-HOOing all over Paddington. Trust me on this one. OK? And save a Fosters for me.

All-clear for a Woo-hoo?
microwave