I got your answer..THANK YOU! maybe i did hear him wrong! but i swear he said it was normal for hiv+ people..let me tell you a little about me. I'm a 23y/o Gay male.. i found out feb.of this year. and its been hard to deal..but doing it.. and my cd4 count was 131 and v/load was almost 50,000 that was last week i found out about my cd4 count and v/load. and he didnt understand what was going on with me because its not right for me to be that low in cd4 count this early in . we're looking into meds now because i'm below 200. thats what i'm told !!!

..and my doctor.. works out of a immunology center here in Rhode Island.

Before making any decision to start meds, I always recommend getting a second CD4 count and viral load test just to make sure your results are accurate. If you indeed have a CD4 of 131, chances are you have been infected for a while and may not have realized it. Also, if your CD4 count is less than 200, you'll need PCP prophylaxis until your CD4 count is above 200 for at least 3 months. Also, talk to your HIV specialist about getting a resistance tests (genotype/phenotype), as this may help in selecting the best regimen for you. Good luck!

The ambiguity of PEP criteria
CONFIRMED HIV+ and STRUGGLING