I ALMOST WOOOHOOed, BUTT :((

Dear Dr. Bob, Youre surely the one! I really dont know what to say but to warmly thank you for ever, youre an angel!

Now if I may tell you what happened exactly with me! I know that this form is dedicated for already infected people, but believe me, you answers are the best around and I do need an answer from you rather than anybody else, so please answer me now.

Ok, 4 weeks exactly from now was my last encounter with a sex worker, I have received an unprotected oral from her for about 1 minute, and then plugged in my condom (I think it was perfectly in, and it didnt get broken) and we started to have a Vaginal intercourse. During that we had some opened mouth kissing but I dont think it lasted for more than 20 seconds! Then I pulled out and removed the condom and ejaculated outside! I am not sure if the sex workers were HIV infected (I had the same encounter 5 times during this business meeting I had but the last one was 4 weeks ago) Now, during those 4 weeks I had a flu , Soar throat, low grade fever (37.5 max), sweating, running nose, and I was able to feel some swelled lymph nodes on my neck ( not visible, but deeply inside touchable).

I have received today a home test kit which gets a direct result in about 3 minutes and I tested twice, both were negative! Now I am not even sure that this test is accurate since it is not FDA approved! I got happy for a while I almost WOOHOOOed but I remembered that this kit might not be efficient it self, yet 4 weeks is NOTHING!!!!!!! I got collapsed again, and here I am writing you asking for some help by you!

Now, my short questions are: 1- Do you think I was on high risk? 2- Do you think this test I did was reliable it self? I mean those home test kits Work? 3- Do you think 1 month can give a hint? 4- What about my Symptoms? 5- Is it possible that when I pulled out my condom I touched some vaginal fluids and some of her fluids went under the condom and touched my penis??? And this might have infected me, if I was infected?? I really dont know I am very confused! 6- I promised my self to send 5000 to your organization which I believe it really helps everybody!! Where shall I send it to exactly? I live in Turkey.

I know this has been a long story, but I really need ONLY YOUR opinion, your opinion makes a difference for me!!! Dr. Bob, Thank you very very much for everything.

Regards,

Five episodes during the same business meeting? Can I ask what type of business you are in? The activities you describe are consistent with the safer sex guidelines, even though I've never heard the term "plugged in my condom" before. I'll assume you were using appropriate condom technique.

Your questions:

1. Your risk was very low. 2. HIV tests prior to 3 months are not considered reliable. 3. A "hint?" Well, negative is certainly better than positive, but it's only the 3-month test that counts. The reliability of home test kits is still being evaluated. 4. Your symptoms are not very impressive to me. 5. Chances of her vaginal fluids getting under the condom as you "unplugged" it are very low indeed. 6. The best way to make a direct wire transfer to our foundation is to follow these wiring instructions:

Mellon Bank Pittsburgh, P.A. ABA # 043000261 Credit ML Account Number 101-1730 Further Credit to: Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation Account # 830-04C48 For international transfers add: Swift number MELN US 3P

Thank you for your very generous donation. It will touch the lives of many!

The odds are all in your favor for NOT having contracted HIV. Continue practicing safer sex, and you should be just fine.

Stay well, and many thanks!

negative at 5 months, but still fatigue and pain
Advice re Unusual Case