Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Ciao...me again (Mr. Montreal)
Nov 7, 2002

Ciao Roberto,

I will advise you in advance that this is not a question pertaining to fatigue and anemia, but rather comments to a question you already answered from me a week ago. Please let me apolagize in advance, your opion is greatly awaited.

I have your comments concerning the possibility of contracting HIV through body grindding (lap dances) and I don't understand why you would considered it as low risk or no risk to contract HIV. I have practised this activity with women I have met or through recieving lap dances. I have friends who frequent strip clubs quite often (as did I, now have stopped) and am curious of the risks. With many of the women, they can grind till their panties become humid if not wet with vaginal fluid, and vice versa for us men with pre-cum. Is there not a reasonable possability of contracting HIV if the female has it? How would that be any differnt from actually inseting the penis in the vagina? Can't the fluids permeate (pass) through the clothing this way and come into contact with the head of the penis and/or the urethra? I think it is quite possible seening as the friction from the clothing would cause tears giving acces to the blood stream. Yet, I keep reading that this is considered a low risk activity. Can you please clarify this? Also, I have read many of the answers both from Rick's and Ryan's forum that there as never been a documented case of an infection this way. How can they be sure? Someone who is diagnosed as HIV+ after many years of sexual activity (lets assume both intercourse, oral, and lap dansinging) how can they pin point the cause?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello again Mr Montreal,

"How would (lap dancing) be any different than actually inserting the penis in the vagina?" Hmmm. You are kidding, right? Weren't you paying attention during your sex education classes in school? Or perhaps you attended Catholic School and the nuns skipped over this topic. I'm kidding. I understand your question about vaginal secretions permeating her Victoria Secret panties, ruining your Armani suit trousers, and coming into contact with your pre-cum, which is gunking up your Calvin Kleins. Well, you're just going to have to trust us on that one. We've done extensive testing at the Ba Da Bing Lounge, and indeed this is a very, very low risk activity. However, the dry cleaning bill can be significant.

Dr. Bob

Previous
sex with an hiv positive.
Next
negative at 5 months, but still fatigue and pain

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.