sex with an hiv positive.

is it possible to have sex with someone who has hiv and might not get contracted?

Yes, absolutely. In fact, the vast majority of exposures do not result in transmission of the virus. The exposure risk is dependent on many factors, particularly the type of sexual activity. The CDC estimates the risk for HIV transmission per episode of receptive penile-anal sexual intercourse to be 0.1 to 3 percent. This is considered to be the riskiest type of exposure. The risk per episode of receptive vaginal intercourse is estimated at 0.1 percent to 0.2 percent. These figures are generally much lower than what the general population is aware of; however, these risks are real and significant. The take-home message is that even though it is possible (even likely) that an episode of sex with an HIV-positive person will not result in transmission of the virus, there is indeed some risk, and safer sexual techniques are definitely recommended. The World Health Organization estimates that there are 14,000 new HIV infections worldwide each and every day.

Protect yourself and stay well.

Hawaii again- I think I may need a hiv doc here
Ciao...me again (Mr. Montreal)