Hawaii again- I think I may need a hiv doc here

Aloha Dr.Bob-

I'm sorry for writing to you again, but I think I may need your opinion on a good HIV doc in (Oahu) Hawaii, even though you said I don't need one. Oh yeah, thanks for replying to my earlier e-mail concerning my symptoms. You are so funny! =)

Anyway the reason I am concerned now more than ever is because of this rash on my face. It looked like a butterfly rash so I thought it was Lupus, but the derm doc said "sebborheic dermatitis" I almost fainted. I've heard that this is common in HIV infected individuals, and not in the general population. I thought that the only skin condition seen associated with recent HIV infection was a rash that comes with ARS. Can this be a symptom only a month after a possible exposure? I've NEVER had this before Dr.Bob.

I'm ready to throw in the white flag I think. I just may need a referral to a good HIV doc here in hawaii. Thanks again Dr.Bob.

Aloha, Steve

Hi Steve,

Seborrheic dermatitis doesn't equal HIV disease by any stretch of the imagination. I have that referral for you. But I remain convinced you won't need it, so I'll just hold on to it for now. Don't "throw in the white flag." Instead, just see a dermatologist if your seborrheic dermatitis is bothering you. Get your HIV tests at 3 months. Write back and tell me it was negative, just as I predicted, and then live happily (and safely) ever after, OK?

Hey there Dr Bob
sex with an hiv positive.