re: mr popular

thanks for answering my last question(s). i'll push my luck and send you this follow-up email. i was in fact referring to lean mass depletion, not lipodystrophy or lipoatrophy. rather, just the muscle tissue itself that disappears. thing is this, my testosterone is normal, and i already body build and eat on average 2500-3000 calories a day of much high protein meals. with normal testosterone level but continual wasting (not on meds), should i look into an anabolic steroid to assist me in this struggle? im afraid on meds i will waste even more. thanks dr. bob, you're a good soul.

Hello Again,

Yes indeed, HIV wasting (loss of lean body mass) can occur in the situation you describe. If possible, you should document this with a BIA (Bioimpedance Assay) test. And yes, I certainly would recommend anabolic steroids. Oxandrin is my personal favorite. Human Recombinant Growth Hormone is another possibility, but it has to be given by injection, has more side effects, and is very expensive. Don't be afraid of HIV meds, if you need them. Keeping the virus under control and CD4 cell count up should be your first priority. The wasting can be managed with diet, exercise, and anabolic steroids.

See you at the bench press!

RE-WOOHOO!
re: 17 year old guy