what could cause these symptoms

hi, a friend has been told she is anemic, has blood in her urine, and had a high wbc count. She also has had an apparent rise in blood pressure. She has a family history of chronic renal failure, and is obese. I don't think this is hiv related, sorry to post this here, as far as I know she hasn't been exposed to it. The only thing her doctor is doing is told her to take an iron supplement. What other tests should she have done to see what type of anemia she may have and if she is getting early renal disease? I have sent her to my own doctor. thanks for any help.

I'm glad you sent your friend to your doctor for a second opinion. This site is dedicated to HIV-related anemia and fatigue, so I won't be able to answer in great detail. Certainly your friend's anemia could be the result of blood loss through her renal (kidney) system, accounting for the blood in her urine. A high white blood cell count indicates some type of infection or inflammation. Iron supplements are not the treatment for these conditions. I'm confident any competent physician will know the proper urine tests and cultures to run. Based on those, a referral to a nephrologist (kidney specialist) may be indicated.

Your friend owes you a debt of gratitude.

kaiser, caffeine and a natural approach
Can HIV infects through stomach if swallow ladies juice?