Worried Sick

Dear doctor... First off, I would like to thank you for answering my question. Im from S.E.A and Ive been worrying nonstop for the past year. 2 encounters Ive had that is causing this. 1) I had non-insertive (no oral nor kissing either) petting with a married guy whom Ive known for over a year and the last time I spoke to him about 3 months back, he said he went for a HIV test and came back negative. 2) I met this guy from New Zealand at a club and went back to his room for a chat. We didn't have any sex (no kissing nor oral either), but he did lift up my shirt to kiss on the nipples and under the arm. Later on he rubbed himself against mi groin area and "came" in his pants, I still had my pants on (underwear and all). The weird thing was, after about 2-3 months, I came down with a fever, and a swollen lymph node on my neck underneath the jaw, I had a large mouth ucler then. I went to a doctor and he said it was an oral infection and the lumph swelling was due to that. I was given medication and the fever and swelling went away in about a week, but I had a headache that lasted about 3 weeks. That period of time was during my examinmations and I didnt have much sleep, could pressure and stress have lead to the fever and oral infection and lymph node swelling? What are my chances of contracting HIV? Ive been so worried that I fall sick very often. Also, Ive always wake up in the morning with whitish stuff on my tongue. As young as I could remember Ive always remembered seeing that. And what are mouth thrushes? I do get oral uclers often, even as a child, but they usually subside within a week or 2. Sorry for this long query. Would be glad if you could reply to this. Thanks...

You don't sound like a very fun date. Both episodes - no kissing? And what about that poor guy who came in his pants? Do you know how hard it is to explain that at the dry cleaners? "Now sir, exactly what kind of stain is this???"

Based on your story, you have absolutely no risk of HIV (or getting a second date with either one of these guys). Yes, the oral ulcer can cause the swollen lymph node under your jaw. The white stuff on your tongue is not thrush. It's been there since you were a kid, remember? Oral ulcers can sometimes be brought on by stress or trauma to the lining of the mouth and tongue, like biting your cheek. Sometimes, they can be caused by certain viruses. You have nothing to worry about. Now the guy with the sticky pants - that's another story.

to treat or not to treat! 2 biopsies
Triomune