Please, just this one -- Will never trouble again

My dear Dr. Bob,

Please help me put my mind to rest. Just answer me once and I will never trouble you again. I am a bright, sincere and hard working student (25 yr male) until I got a random hookup with a stranger. I

1. inserted my fingers a lot into her vagina 2. Kissed her a lot 3. Briefly licked her vagina 4. Rubbed my penis against her vagina (unprotected).

EXACTLY 4 weeks after I got Flu for a week and then couple of BIG swollen lymph nodes down the neck line that were not adjacent. (The neck line was kind of swollen with many lymph nodes).

I have read extensively about HIV, ARS etc. on the web and know that NOTHING can be more classical than these for HIV.

Please tell me -- Ryan Kull etc. said my risk is very very low. BUT -- these symptoms ??. I am scared of testing.

My performance in my studies is very good with all my proffessors always admiring my talent. At this young age I could publish papers in conferences and ranked among top folks in my field. (Computers)

Because of this fear on the back of my mind, I am unable to deliver my best and slowly losing my grip. My killer instinct in my studies, my spirit and determination are getting restrained because of all this.

I know you are not GOD so you cant make me -ve if I am +ve, but atleast a word of advice would make things smoother..

Hope you will spare few minutes of your valuable time, but even if you can't, I shall be grateful for reading my mail.

thank ou dr.bob, One of your thousands of admirers,

Dear "one . . . ,"

"Nothing can be more classical than these?" Oh, I don't know about that. "Swollen nodes in the neck" only and "flu for a week" are most often related to non-HIV viral infections - like a routine flu. HIV seroconversion is a whole constellation of symptoms, and most often not associated with swollen nodes limited only to the neck. So perhaps really not so "classical" after all, eh?

Also, I totally agree with Ryan Krull. Your exposure risk is extremely low - almost nonexistent. So why worry about testing? It will undoubtedly be negative, you'll shout WOO-HOO, then get back to your computer studies, publish those reports, speak at those conferences, become rich and famous, and live happily ever after.

So what are you waiting for? Good luck.

Blood tests is everything
Can Thirsty be a sympton of early infection?