burning feet and hands

Dear Dr. Robert. Is burning feet and hands a common ARS and could last for 3 and half monthes and continue, how likely is one to test fals hiv negitive after three monthes while the burning is still there? I was going through some of your responces and felt already great you are doing a wonderfull job may God bless you. sam.

Hello Going Crazy Sam,

First off, burning hands and feet are not a sign of HIV seroconversion. As for your question about testing "regardless the risk," most experts (me included) and many agencies now consider a 3-month negative HIV ELISA to be conclusive for most "exposures". If you've had a very significant and risky exposure - such as unprotected receptive anal intercourse with someone who you know to be HIV-positive - or if you are a healthcare worker and got stuck with a large-bore needle from a patient with confirmed HIV disease, then testing again at 6 months as recommended by the CDC would certainly be reasonable and warranted.

Hope that helps,

PROTEIN/CALS PER DAY
I don't know what is happening to me (Spanish fan)