PROTEIN/CALS PER DAY

DR FRASCINO I IMPUT MY WEIGHT AND ECT ON YOUR MEASUREMENT SCALES FOR PROTEIN AND CALORIES AND IT STATED 0.7 GMS PROTEIN PER DAY THAT WOULD BE 108 GMS PER DAY FOR MY BODY WEIGHT AND IT STAED TO HELP WITH WEIGHT I NEED TO CONSUME APPROX 2880 CAL PER DAY, I CAN HARDLY EAT, WHAT DO YOU RECCOMEND. I AM DRINKING 600 CAL SHAKE PER DAY, OTHER FOOD BUT DOES NOT COME CLOSE TO 2880 AND AS WE SPOKE IN SLO I STILL AM LOOSING WEIGHT.

What I recommend is finding out why you "can hardly eat." Again, a thorough evaluation with a qualified HIV/AIDS specialist is essential. Do you have oral thrush or another opportunistic infection (CMV) preventing you from swallowing comfortably? These can be treated. Do you have lack of appetite due to meds or HIV itself? Consider Marinol as an appetite stimulant. To assess the adequacy of your diet and current nutritional status, you might need to see an HIV-knowledgeable nutritionist. He/she can help optimize your diet and will work closely with your HIV specialist to help you regain lean body mass. Good luck.

thanks
burning feet and hands