Aloha from Hawaii!

Hi Dr.Frascino! I really enjoy your forum. Anyway I thought maybe you can help me with my problem. I know this is a fatique forum, but I ask you in vain because I like your responses you give! 3 wks after a potential exposure, i had minor difficulty swallowing, then later in the day i had a fever, and a weird "fatique" feeling. I also had a skin blister by my neck (Sort of by my right trapezius). Maybe it was just hot and humid? But then the fever and everything else was gone the next day, it was soooo weird. No swollen nodes or rashes,etc. Does this sound like ARS to you? I thought that the duration of ARS symptoms are longer. I wasn't even going to worry about this incident, but these symptoms scare the crap out of me!!!!! Does this warrant a test at 3 months? And if I do indeed get "bad news", do you know of any excellent hiv docs in hawaii? Thank you so much Dr.Frascino...Aloha, Steven

Hello Hawaii!

One day of minor difficulty swallowing and weird "fatigue" and a skin blister on your neck scared the crap out of you??? Well, don't ever go see Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho," "Jaws," or "The Exorcist," because you might not survive! No, this does not sound like ARS. If you put yourself at significant risk for HIV, get tested at 3 months.

Do I know an excellent HIV doc in Hawaii? Yes, I do, but you won't need him! Stay well.

general interest question
Nonoxynol 9 = HIV?