Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Aloha from Hawaii!
Oct 22, 2002

Hi Dr.Frascino! I really enjoy your forum. Anyway I thought maybe you can help me with my problem. I know this is a fatique forum, but I ask you in vain because I like your responses you give! 3 wks after a potential exposure, i had minor difficulty swallowing, then later in the day i had a fever, and a weird "fatique" feeling. I also had a skin blister by my neck (Sort of by my right trapezius). Maybe it was just hot and humid? But then the fever and everything else was gone the next day, it was soooo weird. No swollen nodes or rashes,etc. Does this sound like ARS to you? I thought that the duration of ARS symptoms are longer. I wasn't even going to worry about this incident, but these symptoms scare the crap out of me!!!!! Does this warrant a test at 3 months? And if I do indeed get "bad news", do you know of any excellent hiv docs in hawaii? Thank you so much Dr.Frascino...Aloha, Steven

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Hawaii!

One day of minor difficulty swallowing and weird "fatigue" and a skin blister on your neck scared the crap out of you??? Well, don't ever go see Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho," "Jaws," or "The Exorcist," because you might not survive! No, this does not sound like ARS. If you put yourself at significant risk for HIV, get tested at 3 months.

Do I know an excellent HIV doc in Hawaii? Yes, I do, but you won't need him! Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
general interest question
Next
Nonoxynol 9 = HIV?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.