Survival of Low Hemoglobin

My son is in the hospital in Las Vegas with a hemoglobin level of 4.1

Is this survivable?

Should he be getting a transfusion?

Your son has very severe anemia if his hemoglobin is 4.1. Should he be getting a blood transfusion? Absolutely! And he may need several! Is this degree of anemia survivable? Absolutely! You don't give additional details, so I have no way of knowing why your son is anemic. Blood loss? HIV? Cancer? Certainly treating the underlying cause of the anemia, as well as the anemia itself, will be critical to restoring your son's health and vitality. Good luck.

ARS and anemia in relation to antibody production
WOO HOO TO YOU