|Survival of Low Hemoglobin
Oct 22, 2002
My son is in the hospital in Las Vegas with a hemoglobin level of 4.1
Is this survivable?
Should he be getting a transfusion?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Your son has very severe anemia if his hemoglobin is 4.1. Should he be getting a blood transfusion? Absolutely! And he may need several! Is this degree of anemia survivable? Absolutely! You don't give additional details, so I have no way of knowing why your son is anemic. Blood loss? HIV? Cancer? Certainly treating the underlying cause of the anemia, as well as the anemia itself, will be critical to restoring your son's health and vitality. Good luck.
ARS and anemia in relation to antibody production
WOO HOO TO YOU
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- Coated Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.