ARS and anemia in relation to antibody production

Hey Dr. Bob!

Thank You for responding.

I would like to ask the following questions: 1) If someone was really experiencing ARS would seroconversion happen soon after? 2) Could seroconversion take months to occur after ARS? 3)Could a person have ARS and still be a late(longer than six months) seroconverter. 4)Could anemia weaken the immune system to the point that it would delay the production of antibodies to HIV?

Thanks Again, One of your biggest fans!

Hello Biggest Fan,

You are very welcome, although I really have no way of knowing which of the many questions I answered was yours. Briefly to answer your current concerns:

1. How soon is "soon?" Seroconversion generally occurs within a few weeks. 2. No, generally seroconversion occurs at the same time or very shortly after. 3. No, generally not. 4. No, anemia has nothing to do with the production of HIV antibodies, and does not impair or delay HIV test results.

You're welcome, again.

17 yr old guy + Anxiety question
Survival of Low Hemoglobin