3rd time, tired and need you!!!!

This is my 3rd time for trying to reach you. I had unprotected vaginal sex, i developed a major apothous ulcer in my cheek next day. Rash on forehead week later and 2 weeks mother of all febrile illnesses, severe dry mouth and folliculitis all over my back and chest and shoulders, etc. Thought i had mono but tested negative. Rash reappeared on forehead weeks later. Bowel changes, youname it i have had it. I tested negative on ELISA test out to 6 months. Negative DNA, Negative RNA 1.0 <50. But had positie western blot at 50 days p.exp. Retested agiain and it was negative one month following and then again at 4 months p.exp. I am worried doctor Bob, and feel as though I am losing valuable medicinal time, Pease help me what should I do? Would a viral culture prove helpful to me in identifying any abnormal strains that I might have contracted? I saw a specialist at Duke University and she bascially told me that HIV is not present dont worry, but i am b/c i know what has happened to me is not normal and with a positive western blot i am scared to death. Please help me, advise me i am a fellow italian with 3 kids and worried sick. Would a viral culture or any other tests prove useful right now? Thank you please respond.

Hello Fello Italian,

If you read this forum regularly, you would undoubtedly know that it is dedicated to folks who are confirmed HIV-positive and having problems or questions involving anemia or fatigue. So whether you write to me 3 times or 30 times, your question still belongs in our forum on HIV Prevention and Safe Sex. OK? Also, if you've read some of my past responses to others who have stories similar to yours, you would also realize that the Western Blot test should never be used as a screening test for HIV, because of false-positive results. The Western Blot test should only be used as a confirmatory test after someone has a positive ELISA test. So what do you have? You have negative ELISA's out to 6 months, so a Western Blot should never even have been ordered. Second, you have negative PCR-DNA and PCR-RNA. Third, following your false-positive Western Blot, you have 2 subsequent Western Blots that are negative. Fellow Italian, you just can't get any more negative than that! I totally agree with the specialists at Duke University. No, you should not seek any viral culture tests or any further HIV testing of any kind. All of this worry would have been avoided if you simply followed the basic testing guidelines. Negative ELISA out to 6 months is conclusive. Your Western Blot is just a "red herring" or, in medical terms, a false positive, which you have over and over and over again confirmed to be "falsely" positive with many subsequent (and unnecessary) tests.

If you are still having symptoms, see your primary care physician for an evaluation of the cause. I can tell you certain it's not HIV. If your symptoms have all cleared, seek counseling with a therapist who can help you overcome your irrational fears. HIV is not your problem, and I hope you can soon accept this fact and move on with your life.

Low Energy..Anemia/Hormone Imbalance??
Labrynthitis