Dear Dr Bob..it tool me a year..

Dear Dr Bob,

Well my journey is finally at an end. I asked you a question a few weeks ago and thankyou so much for answering me. The title was..."RE: Have I ruled out HIV". It's now a whole year since my possible exposure and I've jut recieved my latest test results......negative ELISA, Western Blot and PCR DNA. I tested at 2 days, 3 weeks, 8 weeks, 3,6,8 and 12 months....everything has been negative...so I'm negative. I recieved bad info about testing out to 1 year post exposure and I could not put this whole thing behind me untill I tested at 1 year...at least now I can start to heal.

The kindness and compassion you offer on a daily basis is awesome. You are a very brave man and I could never be as strong as you. You are clearly a great person with a capacity for love and bravery which seems boundless. I can't thankyou enough for answering my questions everytime I asked them....this was a big scare for me and although I still have some work to do on my anxiety I know I'm going in the right direction.

Lessons learned.

1: Negative a 3 months - forget about it - if still worried test at 6 months and then bury it!

2: We hurt the ones we love the most...just remember how much you need them and love them.

3: Forgive yourself

Doc please post this as it means alot to me to know that you read it.

God Bless,

Ever So Worried (No more)

Dear Ever-So-Worried-No-More!

Congratulations on finally putting your fears to rest. I'll post your response with pleasure in hopes that others will avoid the nightmare you went through. The time, energy, and money spent on unnecessary testing could be put to such a better purpose. Did you know it only costs 80 cents to treat an HIV-positive pregnant woman in Africa to help her prevent transmitting the virus to her unborn child? It's a perspective we must all remember. Stay well and God bless you, too!

Dr. Bob ---I'll do anything for an answer..
Is it Really "Depression" ?