Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dear Dr Bob..it tool me a year..
Oct 16, 2002

Dear Dr Bob,

Well my journey is finally at an end. I asked you a question a few weeks ago and thankyou so much for answering me. The title was..."RE: Have I ruled out HIV". It's now a whole year since my possible exposure and I've jut recieved my latest test results......negative ELISA, Western Blot and PCR DNA. I tested at 2 days, 3 weeks, 8 weeks, 3,6,8 and 12 months....everything has been negative...so I'm negative. I recieved bad info about testing out to 1 year post exposure and I could not put this whole thing behind me untill I tested at 1 year...at least now I can start to heal.

The kindness and compassion you offer on a daily basis is awesome. You are a very brave man and I could never be as strong as you. You are clearly a great person with a capacity for love and bravery which seems boundless. I can't thankyou enough for answering my questions everytime I asked them....this was a big scare for me and although I still have some work to do on my anxiety I know I'm going in the right direction.

Lessons learned.

1: Negative a 3 months - forget about it - if still worried test at 6 months and then bury it!

2: We hurt the ones we love the most...just remember how much you need them and love them.

3: Forgive yourself

Doc please post this as it means alot to me to know that you read it.

God Bless,

Ever So Worried (No more)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Dear Ever-So-Worried-No-More!

Congratulations on finally putting your fears to rest. I'll post your response with pleasure in hopes that others will avoid the nightmare you went through. The time, energy, and money spent on unnecessary testing could be put to such a better purpose. Did you know it only costs 80 cents to treat an HIV-positive pregnant woman in Africa to help her prevent transmitting the virus to her unborn child? It's a perspective we must all remember. Stay well and God bless you, too!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr. Bob ---I'll do anything for an answer..
Next
Is it Really "Depression" ?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.