For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

About You

Hi Dr Bob

I have a question about you. I hope it doesnt offend you. I read you were infected in 1991. And that you started on HAART in 1996. Were you taking the available drugs in between 1991 and 1996 ?

I took AZT immediately and later added ddC. I was off therapy for a number of years, and then like so many, started AZT + 3TC when that became available. I switched to HAART after the International AIDS Conference in Vancouver in 1996. My story is extremely typical for what we knew and what we had available way back in the early 90's.

WBC drop and AZT
Dr. Bob ---I'll do anything for an answer..