Oct 16, 2002
Hi Dr Bob
I have a question about you. I hope it doesnt offend you. I read you were infected in 1991. And that you started on HAART in 1996. Were you taking the available drugs in between 1991 and 1996 ?
Response from Dr. Frascino
I took AZT immediately and later added ddC. I was off therapy for a number of years, and then like so many, started AZT + 3TC when that became available. I switched to HAART after the International AIDS Conference in Vancouver in 1996. My story is extremely typical for what we knew and what we had available way back in the early 90's.
WBC drop and AZT
Dr. Bob ---I'll do anything for an answer..
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your Body?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- Can I Get Hiv From Getting Rimmed?
- Does A Contraceptive Pill Affect A Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.