HIV TESTS OF 2002

Dear Sir,

I must say that this is the best site I have ever come accross on the internet in regards to HIV, and I've searched ALOT recently, with the worries and stress that I have been under.

This question is simple and has probably been answered before, but please answer it as anxiety seems to be taking me over.

I got tested HIV- at 3 weeks. I heard of nucleus testing technology that has been approved by FDA in February of 2002. My question is: based on your knowledge and expertise in this area, do you think that my test may have included this test being in the window period? I guess what I am wondering is if I can sit back somewhat relieved that my odd of being HIV+ are much lower now. I read that even the ELISA is very sensitive nowdays and has been improved alot and can pick up the HIV strains early, within 2 weeks of infection. I will be tested again, for sure.

Your comment will be MUCH and to the 'n'th degree appreciated.

You are wonderful sir, for helping us all out.

Regards,

A Young Terrified Person.

Dear Young Terrified Person,

I have no way of knowing what tests you actually had performed. To find out for certain, call the lab that did the test. Yes, ELISA and other HIV tests continue to be improved; however, my recommendation still stands. If you placed yourself at risk, get tested at the 3-month period. The odds are definitely in your favor for being negative. Good luck.

anemia in lymphoma
WBC drop and AZT