anemia in lymphoma

I was treated with procrit for anemia. It worked. Dr. saids relapse of hodgkins could cause anemia. How does lymphoma cause anemia? Is anemia a early warning sign of a relapse?

The mechanisms by which various cancers can cause anemia are fairly complex and beyond the scope of this forum. Suffice it to say that yes, indeed, cancers (including lymphomas) can cause anemia. Is it an early sign of relapse? Generally no. Remember, anemia can result from many causes, from nutritional deficiencies to blood loss to medication side effects (AZT) to chronic diseases (HIV, cancer). Keep an eye on your hemoglobin. If you become anemic again, your physicians will help isolate the cause or causes. I'm glad Procrit worked so well for you!

Stay well.

i need an answer
HIV TESTS OF 2002